Welcome to Driver2Download , In Our Article we Talk About Printers and the things Related to that and Today we have choosen a Specific Top on Canon ImageClass D880 Printer and Let us Discuss that .Are you Struggling in Finding the Driver File for Your Canon ImageClass D880 All over the Internet then I would say that your Search Now ends up here , In this Article You are Going to get the Driver Download File for Your Printer and After following the Steps Mentioned in the Below Section you can Succesfully Install that Driver on Your PC /Laptop, Whether You are using Windows or MacOS or Linux , we are going to Tell the Method for each and every Operating Systems But First of All Let us Talk About some of the Basic Terms as Follows :
Table of Contents
What is Driver and Why we Need this to use Our Printer ?
A Driver is Nothing but Set of Software used to Connect Printer to Various Devices Such as Computer , Laptop , PC or Other Devices and main function of this Driver is that it Translates the Computer data that can be understood by Your Printer. Each Printer consists of Different Hardware and Software Configurations so with the help of Driver a Computer can Easily give commands to the printer and can Read the Data . It allows your computer or Device to establish the connection with the device so that you can use it. Drivers are essential for the proper functioning of printers since they allow the printer to interpret the data sent from the computer. Without the driver, the Canon ImageClass D880 printer may not be able to interpret the data and as a result, the output may be incorrect or of poor quality. Therefore, it is essential to install the correct driver for your printer in order to get the best performance from your printer.
What are the Key Specifications of Canon ImageClass D880 ?
Printers are an essential piece of hardware for any home or office, and there are a variety of Canon ImageClass D880 printer specifications. This Printer include features such as a print head, ink cartridges, paper tray, and a connection interface. Some of the most good things about this device is that it offers good print resolution, page per minute printing speed, and memory capacity. Printer resolution determines the level of detail, clarity, and sharpness of the output, while page per minute printing speed is quicker than the other models of the same Manufacturer. Memory capacity determines how much information the printer can store and process at any given time and This device plays hard in that thing. Overall this Device is Good as per Quality , connectivity options, and cost. ( more )
Which operating system versions are compatible with Canon ImageClass D880
The Canon ImageClass D880 Printer is Compatible with All the Operating Systems Present on this World whether it is Windows , MacOS or Linux , But Sometimes it is Possible that some old version of that OS may not support or Installation of Driver may be not succesfull But Don’t worry we are here to Help You out in Each problem , So Following are the versions of Operating System on which you can use to take Printout , Scan and anything you want to do with Canon ImageClass D880 :
Windows ( Windows Operating System by Microsoft Corporation )
Windows 11 , 10 , 8 Pro , 8 , 7 , 7 Pro , 7 ultimate , XP , 2000 , Windows Server
Macintosh Operating System ( Apple Mac OS )
Mac OS X 10.1 Puma,Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar,Mac OS X 10.3 Panther,Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, ,Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, ,Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, ,Mac OS X 10.7 Lion,OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion,OS X 10.9 Mavericks,OS X 10.10 Yosemite,OS X 10.11 El Capitan,Mac OS 10.12 Sierra,Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra,Mac OS 10.14 Mojave,Mac OS 10.15 Catalina,Mac OS 11 Big Sur,Mac OS 12 Monterey,Mac OS 13 Ventura
Ubuntu,Debian,CentOS Linux,CentOS Stream,Red Hat Enterprise Linux,Gentoo,Fedora,OpenSUSE,Scientific Linux,CloudLinux,Elementary OS,Linux Mint,Arch Linux,Manjaro,Oracle Linux,Slackware,Mageia,Clear Linux,Rocky Linux,AlmaLinux,Asahi Linux,Lubuntu,SUSE Linux,Knoppix,VzLinux,Peppermint OS,Zorin OS,BlackArch Linux,SUSE Liberty Linux,Navy Linux, Kali Linux
Yes the driver files which we need to install on our system is available free of cost and you have no need to pay for this , In the Following 5 Ways we are going to learn how to get the driver file for our Canon ImageClass D880 printer :
- Download from the Printer Manufacturer’s Website: The best way to download a printer driver file is to go to the printer manufacturer’s website. There you will likely find the latest driver file. Simply search for your printer model for example that your Printer Model name is Canon ImageClass D880 So just Google it or Visit Manufacturer Site and Locate this Model and then select the appropriate file for your system.
- Check the Printer’s Manual: If you have the printer’s manual, you can locate the driver file on it. Scan through the manual and look for the section that provides instructions on downloading the printer’s driver file. In many Cases a DVD or CD is Placed Inside the Manual Containing the driver Installation Files So , If you have a DVD Writer you can use that and just grab the driver File from it and follow the Instructions given on Manual or Now a Days a QR or Scan Code is Also given for Downloading the Driver file , So you have to Find out that Accordingly.
- Use a Third-Party Driver Update Tool: There are several third-party driver update tools that can help you easily download the printer driver file for your device. These tools scan your system for outdated drivers and download the correct version for your device.
- Use Windows Update: Windows Update can be used to download the most up-to-date driver files for your printer. To use Windows Update, open the Control Panel and select Windows Update. Then select the option to “Check for Updates”.
- Contact Printer Manufacturer’s Support Team: If you’re unable to find the driver file on the printer manufacturer’s website, you can contact the manufacturer’s technical support team. They will likely be able to provide you with the correct driver file for your printer.
These are the Basic Ways to find out the driver file for your printer But Let me Introduce myself , I am a Software Developer having more than 10 Years of Experience in Working with Printers and Driver and Common Troubleshooting Methods . So , As You have now came to Our Site then what is need of wasting lot of time in findind the driver file. So , In the Following Section we have Provided the Direct Links Following which you can get the Driver File for Canon ImageClass D880 as Per Your Operating System :
Driver File Download Section for Canon ImageClass D880 Printer
|Operating System||File Name||Size (MB)||Download 64 Bit||Download 32 Bit|
|Windows||Canon ImageClass D880-win.exe||28.26/20.56||LINK 1||LINK 2|
|Mac OS||mac-Canon ImageClass D880.dmg||12.57/8.85||LINK 1||LINK 2|
|Linux||Canon ImageClass D880-linux.deb||32.12/18.95||LINK 1||LINK 2|
|Ubuntu||Canon ImageClass D880-ubuntu||40.84/28.24||LINK 1||LINK 2|
Some common precautions that need to follow before installation
- Make Sure to Check that Your Printer is Fully Working , Like is Scanner or Priniting Function
- Also make sure the USB Port of Your Laptop is Fully Function , You may also check same by connecting other Devices like Smartphones or Hard Disks or Other Media
How to Install Driver on PC /Laptop for Canon ImageClass D880 Printer
Now You have the Downloaded the Required File from the Above Section and Can Proceed Further Process in Installing this File on Your PC / Laptop .So, without any further delay let us start installation of driver file using following methods :
Microsoft Windows is the Most Popular , Stable and less Expensive Operating System of All Time Since the Evolution of Computers Started .It is Based on C/C++ Programming Language and First Initial Release was Avaialble in 1985 by Microsoft Corporation. Windows 11 is the Current or Latest Version of this Operating System and Fully Compatible with this Driver File for Canon ImageClass D880 and Also you can Install Driver Succesfully on Other Versions also such as Windows 10,8 Pro,8, 7, Vista and XP or Lower etc. Actually There are 4 Methods by which You can do this Thing :
Method 1 : Using Driver.exe File or Disc that Came with Canon ImageClass D880 :
The Following Steps are for Installing the Driver for this Printer On PC Installed with Windows Operating System:
- Before you can install printer driver on Windows, you need to download the right driver for your Canon ImageClass D880 printer. You can get the printer driver from the above Table. Make sure to download the driver that is compatible with your Windows version. and Also this Method works if You have the Disc that was Inside the Box when you Purcased this Printer .
- Whether You have Disc or Either Downloaded the File , Just open the Location of that Folder or Disc
- Double-click the printer driver setup file that you have downloaded and follow the on-screen instructions to install the printer driver on Windows. Make sure to read the license agreement and select the right settings.
- After the installation is complete, you need to run the Printer Setup Wizard. The wizard will guide you through the process of setting up the printer and installing the latest drivers. Follow the on-screen instructions and make sure to select the right settings.
- After the printer setup is complete, you can test the printer by printing a test page. If the test page is printed correctly, then you have successfully installed the printer driver on Windows.
Method 2 : Install the Driver from Windows Update :
If the Method 1 is not Working for You then this method might Work for You and Also Windows Update sometime gives the updated version of Driver that even manufacturer can’t provide . So try this Method Also.
- Select Start , then select Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
- Open Windows Update.
- Select Check for updates.
- If Windows Update finds an updated driver, it will download and install it, and your printer will automatically use it. If a device driver couldn’t be installed automatically, there may be an optional driver available that your printer can use. To check for optional drivers:
- Once the update check is done running, select View optional updates if this is visible.
- On the next screen, expand Driver updates.
- If you see the applicable drivers for your printer, select the updates you want to download and install.
- Select Download and install and that’s it.
Method 3 : Install the Driver from Windows Update :
Check your printer manufacturer’s support site. To find it, search the internet for the name of your printer manufacturer plus the word “support,” such as “Canon ImageClass D880 support.”
- Driver updates are often available in the “Drivers” section of a printer manufacturer’s website. Some support sites let you search for your printer model number directly. Locate and download the latest driver for your printer model, then follow the installation instructions on the manufacturer’s website.
- Most drivers are self-installing. After you download them, double-click (or double-tap) the file to begin installing it. Then follow these steps to remove and reinstall the printer.
- Select Start , then select Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners .
- Open Printers & scanners
- Under Printers & scanners, find the printer, select it, and then select Remove device.
- After removing your printer, add it back by selecting Add a printer or scanner. Wait for your device to find nearby printers, select the one you want, and then select Add device.
Method 4 : Alternative Method :
If the 3 methods Given Above is Not Working on Your Windows PC or Laptop then the Following Method is one and Last Fix for your Issue and I suggest you to Try This :
- Select Start , then select Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners .
- Open Printers & scanners
- Scroll down to Related Settings and select Print server properties.
- Select the Drivers tab, and see if your printer is listed. If it is, you’re all set.
- If you don’t see your printer listed, select Add, and in the Welcome to the Add Printer Driver Wizard, select Next.
- Select your device’s architecture, and then select Next.
- On the left, select your printer manufacturer, and on the right, select your printer driver.
- Add Printer Device Wizard
- Select Next, select Finish, and follow the instructions to add your driver.
- Follow the instructions in the section above to remove and reinstall the printer.
If the Above method is also not working for you then Try to Contact with the Dealer , Retailer or Seller from which you bought this Printer and I have seen that many People got help from them .
For Mac OS
MacOS is a Unix operating system , It is developed and marketed by Apple Inc. Since 2001 It is one of the Best and Stable Operating System Which is used in Every Field Whether it is Commercial , Educational Purpose or for Personal use . It is the primary operating system for Apple’s Mac computers Such as Macbooks or iMac. MacOS Catalina is the Latest Version But this Driver File is Compatible with All Versions.
Just Follow the Below Steps to Process with Driver Installation on Any MacOS Device.
- Download the appropriate UFRII driver from Canon ImageClass D880 Download Centre
- Launch thr Disk Image file to extract the Package Installer
- Launch the package file
- The Install screen will appera , click Continue
- Click Continue and then Agree to accept the license agreement
- Select Continue to install the driver on the selected Disk
- Click the Install Button
- If prompted , enter your password
- The wizard will now install the driver
- Click Close after the Process Finishes
- Select the System Preferences icon from the dock at the bottom of the screen
- Select the Print & Scan icon from the Hardware Section
- Select the + Button to add new rinter , Select the Add Printer or Scanner option from the list that appears
- Select the IP Button
- Select Line Printer Daemon – LPD as the protocol
- Enter the IP Address of the Copier in the Address field
- Click on te Print using drop down and choose the Select Printer Software Option to find the correct model.
- Type the model number in te search box to narrow down the search results
- Higlight the Printer model and click OK button
- Click the Add button
- Update the device settings so the driver configuration matches te machine’s setup. Click OK when finished.
- And Now You are Done But If still You are having doubt you may Contact us.
Linux is a Family of Open Source Operating Systems based on Unix OS composed with Linux Kernel and was First Avaialble in the Year 1991 . As it is an Open Source Operating System So Any One can Open , Read , Edit and Distribute this Operating System Due to Result of which many Popular Linux Based OS are Developed Till date Such as Ubuntu , Kali Linux , Kubuntu , Arch Linux , Linux Mint and Also these OS are Faster than the Windows Oprating System and more Secure. Our Team has tested the Driver file and Below Procedure on All Linux Distros and Succefully Taken Printouts and checked this printer by giving every command like Scan , Print , Copy and more .
In Order to Install the Driver File for Canon ImageClass D880 So to Setup this Printer Device with your PC based on Linux Operating System , Just Follow the Below Procedure and You are done :
- Download the Printer Driver for your Linux/Ubuntu system from the above Table.
- Connect the Printer to your Linux/Ubuntu system via USB or wireless connection.
- Open the Terminal and enter the command “sudo apt-get install “.
- Enter the root password when prompted.
- When the installation is complete, restart the system.
- Open the Printers menu and select the newly installed Printer.
- Select the correct Printer Model, then click “Apply”.
- Enter the Printer settings and select “OK”.
- Print a test page to ensure the Printer is working correctly.
Video Demonstration on how to download & Install driver for Canon ImageClass D880 on laptop/pc Based on windows , macos , linux
The Following is Visual Guideline on How to Download as well as Install the Driver File or Software Installation File for Your Canon ImageClass D880 Printer and Also If the Above given guidelines are not Working You then the Following Video Explains All this Process in Best Way and Just Follow the Step by Step Guidelines for Every Operating System Whether you are using Windows , MacOS , Linux as Below :
frequently asked questions
Q1. What is a printer driver?
A1. A printer driver is a piece of software that allows your computer to communicate with your printer and control its features. It translates the data from the software application into a language that the printer understands and allows your printer to perform its intended tasks.In this Article this thing is Discussed in Depth You can Refer the whole Article to Find out more of the Q&A
Q2. How do I install a printer driver?
A2. Depending on your printer model and operating system Such as Windows , macOS , Linux, you may install the printer driver either manually or automatically. To install manually, you must download the appropriate driver from the manufacturer’s website, then follow the instructions provided. To install automatically, you can connect your printer to your computer and your operating system will detect the device and install the necessary drivers.
Q3. What if I can’t find the printer driver I need?
A3. If you can’t find the driver you need on the manufacturer’s website, you may be able to find it on a third-party website. However, be sure to check the website for legitimacy and only download the driver from a trusted source.
Q4. How do I update my printer driver?
A4. You can update your printer driver manually or automatically. To update manually, you must download the latest version of the driver from the manufacturer’s website, then follow the instructions provided. To update automatically, you can connect your printer to your computer and your operating system will detect the device and install the necessary drivers.
Q5. What type of printer driver do I need?
A5. The type of printer driver you need depends on your printer model and operating system. Make sure you download the correct driver for your specific model and operating system.
Q6. What are the benefits of updating my printer driver?
A6. Updating your printer driver ensures that your Canon ImageClass D880 is functioning properly and that you can use the latest features available. Additionally, it can help improve overall performance, reduce errors, and improve compatibility with other software applications.
Q7. How do I know when my printer driver needs to be updated?
A7. You can usually determine if your printer driver needs to be updated by checking for notifications from the manufacturer or checking your printer manufacturer’s website for the latest driver version.
Q8. Is there a risk in downloading a printer driver from an untrusted website?
A8. Yes, it is important to download the driver from a trusted source. Downloading a driver from an untrusted website could put your computer at risk of malware, viruses, or other malicious software.
Q9. What do I do if my printer driver isn’t working?
A9. If your printer driver isn’t working, try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. If that doesn’t work, try updating the driver to the latest version. If none of these solutions work, contact the manufacturer for technical support.
Q10. What should I do if I don’t have a disk to install my printer driver?
A10. You don’t need a disk to install your printer driver. You can usually download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and install it manually.
Some Important information that every printer owner should know
- HOW TO PRINT A SELF-TEST PAGE OF YOUR PRINTER ?
- HOW TO FIX WIFI CONNECTION ISSUE ON YOUR PRINTER ?
- HOW TO FIX UNABLE TO PRINT FROM A MOBILE DEVICE ISSUE
- HOW TO FIX SLOW PRINTER SPEED IN EASY STEPS ?
- HOW TO FIX REPLACE THE CARTRIDGE / LOW INK MESSAGE OF YOUR PRINTER ?
- HOW TO FIX PAGE JAMS AND GHOST JAMS IN YOUR PRINTER ?
- HOW TO FIX NEW CARTRIDGE NOT WORKING ISSUE OF YOUR PRINTER ?
- HOW TO FIX MY PRINTER WON’T PRINT ISSUE EASILY ?
- HOW TO FIX MOST COMMON PRINTER HARDWARE PROBLEMS ?
- HOW TO FIX LOADED QUEUE IN YOUR PRINTER ?
- HOW TO FIX CLOGGED PRINTHEAD ISSUE OF YOUR PRINTER ?
- HOW TO FIX “NON-GENUINE” CARTRIDGE MESSAGE OF YOUR PRINTER ?
- HOW TO ADD YOUR PRINTER IN WINDOWS 11
Now , I think You Finally got the Driver File for the Canon ImageClass D880 as well as you are aware of all the Ways by which we can Successfully Install the Driver on our Printer and Before Doing Everything First of All Know the Model of Your Printer and Search for that Model Driver on Internet, Following up the Manufacturer Website is the Best & Geniune Method . We are here to Provide All the Troubleshooting and Installation Guides Related to Every Printer Available on this World So, If at Any point You are missing Something feel free to Ask us , Our Team will Help you as soon as Possible to do so Contact us through the Comment Section Below or Fill up the Contact Form .